Friday, June 27, 2014

Every great dream begins with a dreamer..

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. Okay cheap shot at a quote lol. 
But fa real. 
Since losing Serenity I've had this incessant need to memorialize her. To keep her memory alive in everyone aside from my family. 
I found out today that people that I'm not friends with on Facebook, Instagram, or twitter read this very blog. Humbling and grateful. 
My vision, or dream, for Serenity's birthday march 11, 2015 I want to host a 5k. I originally wanted to raise money for still birth awareness. However after joining an amazing support group, SOBBS, I learned of these: 

Cuddle Cotts

The idea opposite if a billy blanket. To keep the deceased child cold so the family can spend precious moments often lost to chill them so they don't change. If you've never lost a loved one in this sense you will never truly know the value of "cooler minutes". Giving a family all the time to take photos, make memories, is something beyond me and Serenity. I can't even explain into words what it would mean. I hope to make this dream a reality and I hope each and every one of you can help me! I'll definitely keep everyone posted in this new journey. 
Also those following who don't see my Facebook, the govenor himself emailed me back in regards to her a birth certificate. We will be getting a state id number as well as a birth and death certificate. I am moved beyond words to have these things. You never know what something so simple means when suddenly it's denied to you. 

Love you my angel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment